History may not be everyone’s cup of tea but, if you’re familiar with the streets of Gdańsk, then you’re going to want to check out afterbefore.pl and their incredible selection of “then & now” photos. The concept is a simple one – find an old photo/postcard, take a new photo from exactly the same spot and then merge them into one frame with a central slider – but the effect is genuinely astounding :O
So far they seem to have around 120 pics up and, in no particular order, our Top 5 are:
- Gdańsk Główny Train Station 1919/2016
- Ul. Szklary (Szklary Street) 1946/2016
- Długie Ogrody (Long Gardens) 1945/2015
- Brama Stągiewna (Stągiewna Gate) 1906/2016
- Złota Brama (Golden Gate) 1880/2016
See what we mean? 😉 Hats off to the guys behind the site- outstanding!